Mechatronics (Mechanical and Electronics Engineering) is the synergistic combinatlon of mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, controls engineering and computer engineering to create useful products. The purpose of this interdisciplinary engineering field is the study of automata from an engineering perspective and to serve the purposes of controlling advanced hybrid systems. The word itself is a combination of ‘Mechanics’ ‘Electronics’.
A natural outcome of this is a new branch of engineering that takes full advantage of microelectronics to reduce the demand on human and other error prone elements. The branch appropriately called Mechatronics Engineering, is a fusion of precision mechanics and electronics in design, engineering and manufacture of CNC machines, robots, automation systems and computer integration of all functions of manufacturing.
The department is well equipped with the most modern facilities and has a sound technical backup from experienced faculty members. The faculty members are in constant touch with various industries and actively participate in seminars/technical discussions.
The Mechatronics Engineering Department of our Polytechnic has the following well equipped laboratories and workshops:
- Basic Workshop with Sheet Metal work and soldering facilities.
- Machine Shop with Milling machines, Shaping machines, Lathes, geared Lathes, Drilling machines, Grinding machines etc
- Fluid Power Engineering Lab with electro pneumatic kit
- Computer Labs with Solid Edge
- Digital Electronics, Industrial Electronics Lab, Analog Electronics
- Audio Visual Hall with Smartboard
- Robotics Lab
- PLC Lab
Toyota Kirloskar motor Ltd., ITC Ltd., Dr. Fritsch machines and powders Pvt. Ltd., IBM India Ltd., Workz group of companies, Amada India Ltd.